Monsees & Mayer, P.C. - Trial Attorneys Monsees & Mayer, P.C. - Trial Attorneys
Contact us for a free consultation
816-361-5555 | 800-444-7552
Navigate Our Site
Practice Areas

When Does An Accident Turn Into a Personal Injury Case?

Accidents happen all the time and some can be chalked up to bad timing.  But, injuries can sometimes be directly attributed to the carelessness of another.  In this case, the party or parties at fault should be responsible for paying damages (property as well as physical and emotional injuries) associated with the accident. 

Personal injury law has a lot of gray areas, which is why people need an attorney.  Basically, the plaintiff needs to prove they are injured and prove that someone else's negligence caused the injury.  Here are a few questions that lawyers suggest people ask themselves when deciding whether to call an attorney.

Did the negligent actions of another cause the injury?

Is there physical or mental injury, substantiated by a doctor, from the accident?

Has the injury impacted employment or resulted in lost wages?

Did injuries result in permanent disability or require ongoing treatment?

Has the injury impacted everyday life?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, contact our office to discuss your options.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb | Top Attorney Personal Injury 2011-2012 Best Law Firms | U.S. News | Best Lawyers Super Lawyers Kansas Association for Justice | Eagle 2013 U.S. News | Best Lawyers | Best Law Firms 2010 10 Best 2014-2015 | 2 Years Client Satisfaction | American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys Million Dollar Advocates Form ABF emblem National Association Of Distinguished Counsel | Nation's Top One Percent | NADC Your Rights. Our Mission | Kansas Association for Justice | Eagle 2015 10 Best 2015 Client Satisfaction - 10 Best Law Firms - American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys(TM) American Academy of Trial Attorneys Premier 100 2015

About Monsees & Mayer Missouri Lawyers

The attorneys at Monsees & Mayer handle cases where people have been injured. If you need a lawyer for personal injury representation in Missouri or Kansas, call 866.774.3233.